About the Role
We are looking for a computer science teacher who understands that they are a teacher first and foremost to which they will add their content knowledge of computer science. While teaching computer science we need someone who is patient, open-minded and able to respond to changes quickly. Due to the open outcome nature of the subject we are looking for someone who is committed to ensuring that student performance comes first and is continually striving to always improve upon their own teaching.
Start date: January 2022 or August 2022 (may be the possibility of an earlier start for the right candidate.)
Note: Due to the ongoing COVID situation, we are regrettably only able to consider candidates who are either already in China or who are able to travel to China without the need for visa formalities, such as Chinese passport holders. Candidates outside China may apply, however their applications will only be considered once there is clarity about the resumption of international travel.
Dulwich International High School, Suzhou is the school of choice in Suzhou for Chinese parents who wish their children to gain the skills and education necessary for them to be successful in non-Chinese universities. The major destinations for all of our students is the USA and the UK. Our school is home to almost 800 students who study IGCSE and A levels. Our students ask for excellence in teaching and they work hard to achieve offers from their universities of choice.
Our offering is largely academic concentrating on STEAM subjects with an outstanding visual arts component which is becoming more popular as it gains in recognition. Because we believe in developing the whole child, we also have a thriving co-curricular programme in which all students and all teachers participate.
Suzhou is known as the “Venice of the East”. It has a long and colourful history based around the waterways in the province. Much of Suzhou is designed around the lakes and canal system and it makes for wonderful walking, cycling and exercising opportunities. Suzhou is a vibrant city that with an enriching arts and performing culture that also offers many scenic areas of peace and tranquillity. Public transport is cheap and easy to use. The city is also one of the most multi-cultural in China and offers food and drink from all around the world.
Post-holder Qualifications, Experience
The successful candidates
DHSZ is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students. Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
The successful candidate must be
• Passionate about Science and be able to inspire students to study their subject further
• Capable of delivering Science knowledge to the depth required at the A2 level
• Successful in showing student progress so that students are fully prepared for external examinations
• Experienced (or willing to learn) in using formative assessment in order to advance student learning
• Actively engaged in furthering their own pedagogical knowledge
• Willing to collaborate with a diverse range of teachers in order to create an engaging classroom
• Able to differentiate in order to meet the needs of all students, especially within an EAL environment
• Willing to engage in the student’s own culture (Chinese) in order to fully know your students
• Knowledgeable in the latest safeguarding systems in order to ensure student wellbeing
• Eager to fully engage with the students in their Co-curricular activities
• Adaptable in the classroom in order to make full use of educational technology to meet student needs
• Able to demonstrate that they hold the highest expectations of the students and themselves.
How to Apply
To apply for this position you will need to include:
• an application letter
• your CV
• a statement of educational philosophy
• details of three referees from your current and previous employer
Please send your CV to email@example.com